Sunday, May 29, 2011

Today I Ditched the Harley Boots

Those who know me well know that I live in my motorcycle boots.  Over here there is always a chill in the air and if my feet are cold so is the rest of me.  So...I wear my boots pretty much every day.  My Harley boots are the best investment I have ever made on a pair of boots.  I can wear them every day and I can even wear them with dress clothes.  Yes...I wear my boots with dressy outfits.  You don't see many people who do this, but that doesn't bother me.  See...I am ME...and what you see is what you  get.

This week I was walking through the local Base Exchange and came across two beautiful pairs of shoes that I could not leave without.  Guess what?  I just HAD to buy them.  For those of you who don't know me well...I absolutely LOVE shoes.  I don't splurge on many things but every now and again I give in to that little voice in my head that says, "Buy these shoes....buy these shoes."  Thank goodness I don't always listen to that voice or I would be in BIG trouble.  The good news is it has been almost a year since I even bought myself a pair of shoes so I felt no guilt in my purchases.  Besides...one pair was on sale.  I saved more than I spent...at least on one pair...hehehe.
 

Today I ditched my motorcycle boots and I wore the pair pictured above.  It was warm outside so I left my Harley boots in the closet...uh...rather in the middle of my bedroom floor.  These are one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I have ever worn.  I'm hoping for some sunny days in England so I don't have to bury these babies in the closet.
These are the other pair of shoes that I bought.  These shoes are so delicate and feminine.  I prefer to be comfy...but I gave up comfort for an afternoon and showed my feminine side.  Yes....I share that side of me every now and again. 

I'm not into frivilous shopping, but I have to say that there is nothing like a great looking pair of shoes to brighten my day...LOL!! 

No comments: