Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chicken Breasts with Raspberry Sauce

Well...for this post I planned on ranting because I had a horrible day.  However, you all are lucky because it's 1:33am and I am too tired to rant. 

I've been making some new recipe's lately and they have been awesome.  Here is the recipe for what I made tonight.  It was awesome!!!  I'm not taking the time to spell check tonight so you will have to deal with my errors.

Chicken Breasts with Raspberry Sauce


Ingredients:

4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
       Nonstick cooking spray
1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
2 tablespoons apple juice
1 tablespoon Sherry wine
       Fresh Raspberries (optional)

Directions: 

1.  Rinse chicken; pat dry.  Combine thyrme, sage, saltm and pepper; rub over chicken breast halves, coating evenly.

2.  Coat a 10-inch skillet with cooking spray.  Add chicken to skillet.  Cook over medium heat for 8-10 mintues or until tender and no longer pink, turning once.  Remove from skillet.  Keep warm.

3.  Stir together jam, apple juice, and Sherry wine.  Bring to boiling.  Boil gently, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until suace is reduced to desired consistency.  Serve sauce over chicken.  If desired, garnish with Raspberries.  Makes 4 servings. 

For sides I made Olive Oil and Roasted Garlic Coucous and a delicious side salad with Ceasar salad dressing.  Ha...I put the tomoato on my plate for the picture and then gave it to Kortney because I can't eat tomatoes.    I'm so glad that I found something so tasty that I can eat.  Can't wait to make it again. 

Btw...the plate pictured is not some huge old plate just filled with food.  I eat my food on salad size plates...it helps with controling portions.  Actually...I've been serving the whole family on the smaller plates for several weeks now.  It really works!!!

I'm headed to bed now.  I'm very grumpy and I have to get up very early tomorrow.  Busy day with homeschool activities, Project Rudolph, my school work, and...oh yeah...it's my 15th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow.  Oooppsss...I guess I mean today.

Ciao!!!!



No comments: