Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Celebration Contest

Up until recently, my blog has been read by people in the US, Germany, United Kingdom, and Italy. Not surprising as I have friends who live in all those countries. However...after checking my stats I can now say that I also have readers from Canada, Australia, Thailand, Czech Republic, Indonesia, and Iraq. Holy Cow!!!! Never in a million years did I think my blog would have readers from the countries mentioned above.

I took several years off from writing and at the beginning of this year I attempted to start up again, at the request of several friends. But...due to some personal reasons I just could not get into it. It wasn't until just a few short months ago that I felt that I could pursue blogging again. Based on feedback that I have heard from my readers I have learned three things:

1. Some of you like what I have to say.

2. Some of you don't like what I have to say.

3. And the rest read to keep up with what is going on with me.

For me, writing is relaxing; it is my "me" time. It helps me become a better person. I love making people laugh and smile, even if it is at my expense. I also find it rewarding when I write something that touches someone's heart. When I write, you are seeing who I truly am. I am a real person, with real problems, real hurts, real dreams, real joys, and a real heart. I am ME!!!!

In celebration...I am hosting a contest. If you are a reader of my blog leave a comment either here on blogger or on my Facebook link. I will send the winner a goody box filled with all kinds of German delicacies. All the names of those who leave a comment will be placed in a drawing. Drawing will take place on Sept 19, 2010. I will post the winner on my blog and on Facebook on Sept 19th by 6:00pm Eastern Time

I just want to say THANK YOU to all the people who are reading my blog. It's SO encouraging to me!!!

7 comments:

Amanda Barr said...

Just wanted you to know I love what you have to write and enjoy learning all the new things you are up to. It has been many years since we have seen each other, but you are always close to my heart and will always be one of my best friends! You are such a wonderful woman and I wish I could be more like you! Love Ya Girl!!

Kristie Nelson said...

Danielle,
Your blog is great! I love being able to keep up with you and your family even though many thousands of miles separate us. We love you guys!

Deresa said...

haha....was just thinking about what would happen if for some weird reason I became the winner. Would I still get German delicacies? lol Just kidding. Love what you write and want to see more!

Unknown said...

pI'd love me some German delicacies, but i know I'll have a chance to get some on my own-- leave the drawing to someone who can't get over to where you are ;-)

I'm enjoying keeping in touch w/ you-- you have a great family, and we have both things in common through the military, and things that are different, so it's always interesting!

*hugs!*

Unknown said...

I guess I enjoy reading your blog because I find it very interesting how much you have changed, yet stayed the same after 15 plus years. I got to know you in Spanish class at DHS in ‘94. You and I were going through some very similar things at the time, and spent more time learning about life than Spanish by far. I remember some pretty funny stories, but what went on in Spanish says in Spanish; right?
I married my first love, as did you. My marriage was a miserable failure, but I learned a lot. It’s been interesting to hear of they places you’ve lived, with and without family support. You seem like a strong person. I’m impressed with the mother you are. I don’t have any biological children of my own, but they way you portray your children on Facebook, and your blog lets me know being a good Mom is important to you. With your home schooling adventures, it seems as if you have a good balance of parent and friend when it comes to the kids. The things you do with your church and for our troops are inspiring. My husband now is a Veteran of the first Gulf War, we try to do our best to help out with our troops, and he and I are active in our local VFW, and also a program that sends care packages to Iraq and Afghanistan. My Stepson is 17, and in JROTC. He’ll be joining the service next year. Which brings a lot of pride and worries at the same time.
Overall, I like your blog because you and I knew each other so many years ago, and so much has changed in both of our lives. Yet, on the other hand a lot has stayed the same. I bet if we ran into each other tomorrow, I’d still see the same nice, sweet, goofy girl from Spanish, just a little less rough around the edges. You wouldn’t be afraid to say it came from God, time, and all of the other things you know you are blessed with. I’m still the same, but I’m the new improved model too. Keep writing your blog, I like to hear about what you and your family are up to. And, if you ever come through Ohio, I’d love to see all of you guys again.
Betsy (Overton) Brinson

Megan said...

Hi! Miss you guys n Love Goodies :)

Standinginhislight said...

No worries 'bout any goodies, but...
I love reading your blog, your heart, your humor... I think you're a doll disguised as a wild cat ;^)... and I adore your family!

~Sheri