Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dumb Dog

Many of you know that I refer to our dog Hazelnut as "Dumb Dog."  Not so much because she is actually dumb, but rather she is SO smart.  Hazel is one of the best dogs I have ever owned.  Although her puppy years were filled with frustration she has permanently become a member of our family.  So much so that she thinks she is human.  
Check out the pictures below.


I was working on laundry and I walked by Jake's room and this is what I saw.  Mind you both Jake and Kortney were in school.  I don't mind Hazel being in the kids' bed...but...she has her own blanket she is supposed to lay on so it's easier to keep everything clean.  
1).  She's not on her own blanket...but lying directly on the sheets.  
2).  Her head is on his pillow...LOL!  
I find her like this quite often....silly girl!!


This picture was taken 5 minutes later.  When I walked in and caught her in the first picture...she decided to move to her own blanket.  She thought she was going to get into trouble.  Notice though how she is only half way on her blanket and still lying on Jake's pillows.  If bedroom doors are left open I will find her rotating between Kortney's bed and Jake's bed.  A long time ago for one of my Creative Writing classes I actually wrote a sonnet about Hazel. 
I am sharing it below. 
 Not the best...but...I thought it was quite funny!!

Dumb Dog

A chocolate brown lab, tall with skinny legs
A loud mouth to boot, always making noise.
Annoyingly close, at dinner-time begs
Chewing on everything but her own toys.
Up early every morning to go pee,
As soon as she’s out all she does is bark.
A great pain in the rear, my dog is she.
White scratches on the door, she leaves her mark;
Restless all day she paces and she roams.
Anxious, excited, never stops to rest,
Eager she waits for the kids to come home.
They walk through the door, and I am quite stressed.
       The house becomes wild, my mind’s in a fog,
       All because of the stupid, brown, dumb dog.


No comments: