Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Living Room

Quite a few people have been asking for pictures of our house.  I can never seem to get pictures when everything is clean all at the same time so I though I would just share a room at a time.  The first room I will share is the Living Room.  Keep in mind when looking at these pictures that my living room is about double the size of most living rooms here in the local area.  We were very lucky when we got this house.  It was the first and only house we had to look at.  We actually had to make a decision right on the spot as there was another family taking a second look at the house after our viewing.  I kinda felt bad about swiping this house out from someone...but only for a few seconds.  You snooze you loose....LOL!


 I don't like how my curtains are tied together right now.  But...I've not got the hooks for the tie backs anchored to the wall.  So, I tie the tie back around the curtain.  We don't get much sunlight here so I let it in when I can.  One day I will get the anchors up...LOL!


The black recliner was Nick's Christmas present this past year.  
We did have an ugly cream colored one that was an eye-sore.  


I totally love the red pillows.  They have raised flowers on them with a diamond looking center.  I found them at a local store here in England.




This is an ALL wool...totally handmade rug that Nick bought on one of his trips to Turkey.  We've been afraid to use it since we have the kids and the dog.  This rug was not cheap!  But...we decided to try and use it here.  No food or drinks allowed in the living room and shoes off at the front door.  So far...so good!!!   

Also, since we decided to use this rug we changed the colors of the living to room to include red.  We've never had red and black before.  I kinda like it though!!!  Black is my very favorite color!!

No comments: