Sunday, January 01, 2012

Journey To Health....

Germany was an awesome place to live. It's a beautiful country with lots of yummy foods. The cool thing about when I lived Germany was that I had endless options of food that I could indulge in that would not aggravate my food allergies or bladder issues. However, the food I ate there was not very healthy. And...I loved German bakeries and the candy aisle at the grocery stores. And they have the best soda in the world...German Fanta.

Unfortunately, I don't live in Germany anymore and have lost access to the yummy foods I readily partook of while there. So...I am going to use this time in England to get back on track with healthy eating and living.

In my journey to regain a healthy lifestyle of exercise and eating nutritious foods, I downloaded an app to my iPad called Menu Planner.

I absolutely LOVE this app. I was able to plan for a whole months worth of meals. It tracks what I need for groceries and creates a master shopping list that I can email to myself. I can also input my own recipes and...check this out...IMPORT recipes from a ton of online websites and magazines!!! Most of my recipe's are Weight Watcher's so don't let the titles of meals fool you.

That said I have January's menu completed. There are nights I won't be eating what is listed on the menu. For example Pizza Night and Spaghetti Night. I can't make the family suffer through a WHOLE month of blandness....LOL!! They will start crying ;(. I'll prob just eat pancakes or some yucky frozen meal those nights.

Since Jake will have basketball games on Tuesdays for the next 8 weeks I set Tuesday as Crockpot dinner night. That way all we have to do is eat before we leave or right when we get home.

Fridays are an easy cooking night just in case we decide to not eat at home and venture out for dinner.

Oh...another thing I am working is making a little bit of extra food to portion out and put in the freezer so I can stock up on freshly made meals I freeze myself so I don't have to buy store bought frozen dinners. Tastes WAY better! I'm shooting for 1200 calories a day and this will also help me keep track of calories since I already have it properly portioned.

Here we go to a healthy New Year!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on lil lady, I am so proud of you! Now...how 'bout that walking? *hee*

~Sheri

Danielle said...

Aaawwwww.....thanks Sheri!!! I've been hearing from people and how they miss me blogging. Sometimes I get discouraged and wonder why people like to read my blog....so I quit for awhile. Anyhoo...about the walking. It's there. I'm moving :). Good luck with your goal.