Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Winning Shot

Last night Jake had a basketball game.  His team did a great job.  It was their 5th game and thus far they had not had a win.  Let me just point out that technically in this basketball league there are no winners and losers.  However, at 11 years old...they know who wins and who loses.

Last night the game ended in a tie so they went into a 3 minute overtime and my little man made the winning shot for the team.  The score ended 18 to 16.  Now...I'm not trying to brag on Jake...but...taking that shot was huge for him.  Until this winning shot he had not even attempted to shoot the ball out of fear of letting his team down by missing a shot.  He overcame that fear this game and went for the shot.  It was a beautiful shot and really helped him with his self-esteem with his basketball abilities.

Jake mostly plays defense.  Tonight he did a really good job within defensive role.  I got a couple of shots on my camera.  I don't take the best pics but I wanted to share a few.

I love this shot!!  Check out Jake stealing the ball from the opposing team.

Jake passing the ball to his teammate.

I think there are about 11 games left in the season.  It is exciting to see the changes and the growth in all the kids as the season progresses.  GO NUMBER 22!!!  GO LAKERS!!!!  

No comments: