Saturday, July 31, 2010

No Fear!!


It seems lately that I have a fear of almost everything.  It is absolutely ridiculous the things that I am afraid of now...that I never used to be.

a.  Meeting new people.
b.  Being around large crowds.
c.  The thoughts in my own mind.
d.  Failure.
e.  Not measuring up.

Those are just a few.  Why this new found fear?  I have no idea...but I know that I don't like it!!  The examples mentioned above never used to bother me at all.  Now, when faced with those issues I break out into a sweat and become consumed with anxiety.

According to www.dictionary.com , fear is: a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

Obviously my fears are imagined.  And frankly, this is rather frustrating.  Most times, the thing I fear never even comes to fruition.  It's just one big viscious cycle.  Luckily, I'm surrounded by great friends and family who put up with me...quirks and all.  Everyday I wake up I tell myself I can make it through this day; even if I have to face it hour by hour or minute by minute.

We all have fears.  No one is exempt.  But we will all make it!!!  At somepoint in our life we have to face our fears so that they do not consume our lives.  What are your fears?  How do you cope with them?  Are you ready to kick them to the curb?

1 comment:

Standinginhislight said...

uh...did you get that list from me? and I agree, I did not feel that way when I was younger...but I was more selfish in my younger years too, now I think I tend to care too much...is that possible? hmmm, such things to ponder ;^)
~Sheri