Monday, July 05, 2010

I know that in my last post (which I deleted) I said that I wasn't going to restart my blog like I had anticipated. Well...since April things have changed and I feel like I can now write and be an encouragement to other people.

While in the states I made a visit to Ross and came across a book called, "God Is Always with You." The first page I opened really spoke to my heart so I bought the book. Turns out it is a journal, and a WONDERFUL one at that. I want to share my journey through this journal with you. I had said before that I wanted to be open and honest in my writings and I think this is a way I can share comfortably in that fashion. So…this blog will not only be about family happenings but also my progression through this journal. It is my hope that everyone who reads this blog will somehow be strengthened and encouraged in some way as I myself am encouraged by writing it.

“EVER PRESENT”

Quote: “When I walk by the wayside, He is along with me….Amid all my forgetfulness of Him, He never forgets me.” – Thomas Chalmers

Poem:
There’s not a tint that paints the rose

Or decks the lily fair,

Or marks the humblest flower that grows,

But God has placed it there….

There’s not a place on earth’s vast round,

In ocean’s deep or air,

Where love and beauty are not found,

For God is everywhere.


At every moment, God is calling your name and waiting to be found. To each cry of “Oh Lord,” God answers, “I am here.”


Scripture:  God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear. – Psalm 46:1-2 (NIV)

*Source: God Is Always with You-Promise Journal – Entry#1, “Ever Present”
Compiled by Joanie Garbog, Designed by Mark Thurbur, and published by Lake House Gifts.


My Thoughts:

After all God has done for me over the last 12 years, how can I ever forget his power? Yet…over the last 2 years this is what I have done. How is it that I came to think that God could help everyone else but me? For me, the answer is pride. God could help me, I just wouldn’t let him. Why? Frankly…I’ve been angry with Him along with everyone else. I’ve been angry at the whole world. I was also tired of being the good girl who always got hurt. I acted out in my angry state, hurting people close to me and that I love dearly. I've made some bad mistakes. Thankfully…God is forgiving, “Ever Present” and STILL with me even when I don’t want him around. Today is a new day; a day to embrace my “Ever-Present” God with fresh eyes and an open heart. Join me on the powerfully journey into the soul…my soul. And…remember God is ALWAYS with you even when you can’t seem to find him.

I'm a music fiend and will be sharing music links as well.  This song is called "Never Alone," by Barlow Girl.

"Never Alone" by Barlow Girl

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Congrats lady. Glad to have you as a fellow blogger. Hey, I love ya and miss you and your family too.